How do I look up a deceased person’s policy?
- going through his or her personal belongings.
- asking close family members or friends if they know where the documents were kept.
- checking My Legacy vault to see if the person had left a digital record.
- contacting the deceased's insurance agent for help.
Is there a way to find out if a person has a life insurance policy?
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) offers a free Life Policy Locator tool to help you find out if someone had life insurance. To use the tool, you'll need to provide the following information for the deceased: Social Security Number (SSN) Legal first and last name.
How do I do an online search for a life insurance policy?
Submit a request to the NAIC Life Insurance Policy Locator Service. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Life Insurance Policy Locator Service, a free online tool, can assist you in locating life insurance policies.
How do you find out if a person has a life insurance?
- Use NAIC, MIB Group, or NAUPA Life Policy Locators. …
- Contact the Deceased's Employer, Lawyer, Accountant, or Financial Advisor. …
- Look Through Documentation. …
- Submit a Request to State Registries. …
- Contact Fidelity Life to Review Policies.